Jackie's Blog

Monday, March 13, 2006

The doctor on Diva

I hate to admit I see where this guy this coming from.

I am not sure if everyone read Toby's post about sitting next to a doctor on the plane. He was explaining to her his disinterest and nonunderstanding about the purpose of blogs.
Not Everyone Loves Blogs or A Doc In A Blog

Although I have started to enjoy using my blog, and can see its advantages to the business world for consumer relationships, I havent found yet how someone in a 9-5 job (or a doctor!!) would make productive time to maintain a blog.

As I continued to read her article I realized that visiting the doctor has become like being a smart shopper. I went the the health center today well prepared to describe my symptoms, and offer some solutions as to what illness I might have. These consumer awarenesses are available because of all the medical websites. One specific that allows you to type in your symptoms and the site will send back a diagnosis. WebMD. Point being that if the medical field was able to find time to produce a thoughtful blog, it could quite possibly improve consumer opinions of the practice. However, I don't know how much people credit blogs. I would be spectical of a doctor's blog due to the assumption that there might not be sufficient time or the bias of the responses.

1 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

The WebMD symptom checker doesn't give you a diagnosis, it gives you some ideas about what to discuss with your doctor.

There are an awful lot of doc blogs out there, including some at WebMD. Some are very good and others are not so good. I think you're right, those that are done well are incredibly helpful.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home