Jackie's Blog

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Hard Drives on Google

I don't know if this relates to class yet but since we love to talk about Google I though it applied...

The article title says a lot. "Google to be world’s hard drive" by Tony Glover.
It explains the plans for the creation of the Gdrive. This is interesting in the subject of Privacy and Security. This means that companies and individuals will have their information stored through google and who is to say that it will remain exclusively private. But still have all of storage needs at the finger tips of any internet connection. It would make google the largest storer of information
.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

this would be an interesting development, and a sharp attack on the Microsoft franchise. If we could store our computer remotely then all we would need is a web client to access anything we need. google is ambitious, but also leaky apparently!

also, with your URLs you want to use the proper hypertext code so you can use some anchor text ?

11:13 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Alex,

I have been trying to figure out how to use the hypertext code and I have no idea!! help?

2:26 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

swing by during 'office hours'.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I think I have it down... let me know if they are wrong

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home